Sometimes the best things are those that take a bit of time to find.
We were pining for a locking handbag but needed to find the right lock before we could design one. After much searching, we found a collection of dead-stock briefcase locks from the 1950s. Hence the Locking Crossbody Bag was born. We did a limited run, matching a bag to every single dead-stock lock.
Deciding we loved the lock too much to see it go, we specially developed a new solid-cast brass lock equal in beauty and quality.
The bag is a fully leather-lined piece with two interior compartments, a middle divider, and a zipper pocket. A strap allows for cross-body carry, and a key ensures that your possessions can be locked safely inside.
Height 7.00 inches
Width 9.00 inches
Depth 2.50 inches
- Small locking handbag design.
- Hand-selected, tumbled, vegetable-tanned leather. Learn more.
- Solid-brass deadstock 1950s briefcase lock with key.
- Fully leather lined for strength and sustenance.
- Double-gusset construction creates two separate interior compartments.
- Full-length (6 1/2") zipper pocket in rear compartment.
- Polished edges for elegant exterior finish.
- Removable, adjustable (42" to 45") cross-body strap.
- Solid-brass YKK Excella zipper and solid-brass buckle and rivets.
Crafted in New England. Take a walk through our workshop.
We can emboss your initials on your new Lotuff piece to make it truly your own. Please write in the order of your first initial, middle, and last initials. If you’d like, you can forego a middle initial. Each letter is capitalized and in the same size and font. A monogram adds $50 to your order.