The Hand-Painted Leather Knapsack is handmade in America of natural, vegetable-tanned leather. With an-all leather flap, and a spacious interior gusset, our Leather Knapsack is a handsome, rugged, and inherently functional backpack. This incredibly special piece was designed and produced in collaboration with Todd Snyder for his FW19 runway show. Each one is painstakingly hand-painted with a distinctive camo print.
- Fully leather classic flap-over backpack design.
- Hand-selected, tumbled, vegetable-tanned leather. Learn more.
- Adjustable front loop closure.
- Adjustable back straps with continuous loop.
- Interior zipper pocket.
- Interior pockets for keys and pens.
- Zippered exterior security pocket on back of bag for storage of valuables, computer, or tablet.
- Exterior card slot on back for safe storage and easy access for subway pass, credit card, cash, etc.
- Two exterior front pockets (7 1/2" h x 6 1/2" w)
- Top loop strap for hand carry.
- Solid-brass YKK-Excella zippers.
- Solid-brass hardware.
- Handcrafted in New England.
Height 16.00 inches
Width 17.00 inches
Depth 4.00 inches
The Leather Knapsack brings together elements of a functional, rugged knapsack with those of a refined, classically Lotuff piece. Travel and work were top of mind when designing this bag, resulting in a spacious, functional interior with a zippered drop pocket and slots for your cards and phone.
On the bag's back exterior, you'll find both a zipper pocket for safeguarding valuable possessions and a small card slot for safe storage and easy access for a subway card or credit card.
A solid brass hook on the flap attaches to the body of the bag, in between two easily accessible pockets, and an adjustable buckle cinch at the top of the bag
An unlined interior keeps the bag light and easy to carry, and the shoulder straps are clean, continuous loops, meaning there are no pesky strap ends that poke out.
Each one has been painstakingly hand-painted by one dedicated and talented artist from the Lotuff Leather team. A labor-intensive glazing technique means that the paint will never chip away or wear off. The leather is deglazed, providing an undercoat, painted on, and then glazed again, creating a protective layer. It takes an average of 20-25 hours to hand-paint the surface of each bag.
How's It Made?
Hand-Painting a Camo Bag